Nerd Camp

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Two More Days

Today was a good last regular day of session. My first activity was the Dean of Residential Life's idea; the other three former-CTY-student-turned-RAs and I hosted a "discussion panel" on what being an RA is like after being a student, and how CTY prepared us for college. Lame, I know, but it turned into kids asking questions like "What was your first CTY PDA?" "Did the administration used to suck so much?" and several versions of "You go to MIT! How can I go to MIT too??" I love the fact that here going to MIT makes me one of the "cool" kids, since I doubt there are many other places where that's true.

My second activity was cookies, milk and a bedtime story for the hall that won me at the auction. It was a girl hall this time, and they were really sweet. They got all snuggled up with each other and their Oreos while I read them Cinderella, and for the rest of the day whenever one of them saw me they'd run over and give me a hug and thank me for the "best activity ever!" And since I got to eat cookies too, I can agree with that statement.

At hall meeting tonight we got serenaded by the RA we won in the auction, and I have no doubt that "Caroline's Hall" will soon be a smash hit on all the radio stations. I forgot to record it, but I'm going to see about getting her to do it again on camera so its brilliant chord structure and lyrics can be shared with the rest of humanity. If not I'm going to at least see about getting a copy of the lyrics...

The best part of today was that one of my girls made little "fortune cookies" for everyone on the hall. They were actually just little folded slips of notebook paper with messages written in them, but they brought about half the girls to tears when they read them. Here's mine:

"Caroline: The earth would most certainly crumple and vanish within this angel's presence. In life, you will be challenged but always and forever loved :)"

I'm not really sure if that "within" is supposed to be a "without," but either way: awww...

CIMRs: 0
Thought: I can't believe in 48 hours they'll be gone...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i got another postcard from dustbin today!!!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home