Nerd Camp

Friday, July 28, 2006

Punk'd!

Friiiiiiiiiiiidaaaaaay!!! My girls and I returned to the grocery store for RA Group Away Day, and then since they are too cool for anything else we just went back to the hall and had free time for the remaining two hours. For once their aloofness made me happy, since I used the time to take a wonderful nap. The girls spent pretty much the entire two hours getting ready for tonight's dance...Punk Rock Prom!

There was much less making out at this dance thanks to a nice long talk we had at hall meeting last night about appropriate behavior, which made the night much easier for me. Being sick sort of detracted from the fun, but on the plus side it helped give me sort of a sickly pallor and a voice like I've been smoking for 40 years, which really added to my costume. My girls actually asked me to come dance with them a few times, which was very exciting, hopefully they'll do it again next week when I'm more energetic and can have more fun with them. I still spent most of the time with the other RAs, and before anyone says anything I realize now that the "rock on" symbol does not involve having your thumb out, and as such I was actually telling people "I Love You" in sign language all night. Shut up.

Speaking of cool, check out this emo myspace-style picture one of my girls took of me. I think the lanyard really adds to the effect.

CIMRs: 1
Thought: I really don't want to get up for 8:30 scheduled presence tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I give you a rating of: Very Punk!

Nice job, I couldn't have done better myself. Though sadly, your girls seem to be quite Un-Punk.

1:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your punk/emo look. Let's send them to David at Christmas. You're gonna have to explain the "rock-on" + thumb thing to me at home. Doesn't anyone there have chicken soup?

6:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why are you wearing my belt?

9:02 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

So I could be more h4rdc0re, of course. I also wore it last weekend to be a pirate.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home