Nerd Camp

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Progress

Thelma and Louise went to the office this morning, according to the dean it went well but Thelma still waltzed into hall meeting ten minutes late. Sigh...I think I'm about to give up on wanting them to like me and start actually disciplining them. Yuck.

In other news, there was a fight today! If you can call one kid punching another kid in the gut such that he fell over a fight, that is. Before you judge too harshly though, know that the reason for the punch was that the punchee said it was wrong to be gay and as such gay people are bad, while the puncher disagreed. Not that that justified it, but it's nice to know it was a punch for tolerance.

I've been getting a lot more...progressive with my activities lately. Some from this week include "Pickup Line Contest," "Teen Girl Squad!!!" "Everything you ever dreamed of doing with blue pipecleaners and more" and "Orange." For the last one I'm just going to give each kid an orange and tell them to take the hour to get as much of the pith off of it as possible. I'm looking forward to it.

CIMRs: 1
Thoughts: Next week I'm going to offer "Mundane Tasks," and have them do things like measure the dimensions of the quad in paperclips.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home