Nerd Camp

Friday, August 04, 2006

Another Looooong Day

Today seems like it was about a week long. It started out with my LAST BREAKFAST SCHEDULED PRESENCE EVER!!! (since tomorrow we go to breakfast as a hall), which if you can't tell made me really happy. After our morning staff meeting it was time for RA Day Away, meaning the administration covered our lunch scheduled presences so we could go do something fun to get ready for the last insane 24 hours. A group of us went to the ridiculously huge Arundel Mills Mall, where the only thing we could afford to buy was some deliciously greasy food from the food court. After that we just wandered around, window shopped, and spent twenty minutes arguing about which movie we should see (we ended up not seeing any). The best part was the last stop we made before heading back to our last full day with the kids.

After three hours of packing it was time for the last dance of the session, the Masquerade Ball. Recognize anything from the last last dance? Some RAs dressed up, others did not, but a good time was had by all. Sadly the kids did not display the same great taste in royalty as last session, but since my good friend won instead I was happy anyway. The last American Pie was sad, because unlike last session in two more days I won't be seeing any of the other awesome RAs anymore. But I'm trying not to think about that yet, otherwise I will cry. Also, the most ridiculous thing of the whole six weeks happened at this dance, but you're going to have to ask me about it in person if you want to know.

After the dance it took awhile for me to drag my sobbing girls back to the hall and get them into bed, and after I achieved success I had to go down to the office for a special staff meeting about tonight's ridiculousness. After that fun, it was time to move furniture! Why move furniture at 11:30 at night, you ask? Well, all the administrator's offices are in dorm rooms on the first floor that have had all their furniture moved into other, unoccupied rooms. Since the site is closing down at the end of the session we have to return all the rooms to their original state, so tonight all the RAs were put in teams in charge of adding/removing furniture as needed for one room. My team was sort of unlucky and got the health office, which hasn't really even begun to pack up yet. We did eventually get all the required furniture into the room, but about half of it is stacked in the corner...some freshmen are going to be confused when they arrive in the fall.

Since it's the last night they have us on extra late patrols to make sure the kids don't try any funny business. I'm on the 1:00-1:30 shift, so theoretically I can't go to sleep for another hour. However, I had this shift last session too and accidentally slept through it, and wouldn't you know it? No kids died! So I think I'll just lie on my bed and close my eyes and see what happens...

CIMRs: 0
Thought: This time tomorrow all my kids will be gone :\

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home