Nerd Camp

Friday, July 21, 2006

An Annoying Nerd and a Smitten Nerd

This Saturday afternoon's activity is "Water Day," which means that this afternoon while the kids were in class the RAs got to test a bunch of water guns on each other! We had to make sure they were working, you know...

So there are only about two girls that I don't think I'm ever going to like, the rest have really grown on me. One of the two is really horrible; all the RAs already know her name and it is not because she's so cool. She came about five minutes late to hall meeting tonight and said in a very exasperated tone of voice, "Can we make this quick? Our hall meetings are not run efficiently and I have trouble getting ready for bed on time." I responded, "Well maybe we could be more efficient if everyone was here on time instead of five minutes late," to which she just huffed and went and sat in the corner. I'm usually not mean at all to students even if they're being really annoying, but that was really satisfying.

As we were each giving our highs and lows of the day during the course of our inefficiently-run hall meeting, one girl said her high was when she tripped and fell on the concrete during a class break and gashed her knee open. I was really confused and thought she must have mispoken so I asked for clarification, then she got all giggly and said "And then my cute TA walked me all the way to the health room and back!" This job is so fun!

CIMRs: 2
Thought: My air conditioner is broken, which makes me both sad and sweaty.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your air-conditioner's broken?! Man, insist on getting it fixed or you'll suffocate in that little closet of space. Honey.

6:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no pity for your lack of air, seeing as there's no air anywhere here. Heat and humidity woohoo!

I'm starting to get a pretty awesome Teva tan from pseudo-lifeguarding this week, so maybe that's worth watching girls swim while standing on the dock in the stifling heat.

All my love,
Julio

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i remember that air conditioning was one of the most fabulous perks of the johns hopkins site.

have you guys had heat plan yet?

1:21 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

We actually had our first heat plan this Tuesday, and it was awesome! We got to sit inside and watch a movie for two hours while it was about 100 outside, it was the best day ever.

And I wouldn't mind my AC being broken so much if it wasn't a window unit, since that means I can't open my window for any ventilation...I've already taken two showers today, yay!

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home