Nerd Camp

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Got to admit it's getting better

I've started doing this thing at hall meetings where we go around the circle and each say the high and low point of our day, and I think it's going to help my girls and I bond more. They all like to talk about themselves, and since there are no boys around at hall meeting they don't mind including me in the conversation as well. Today it ended up taking half an hour to go around the circle because everyone wanted to talk so much about their days, and by the end of it I was definitely feeling a lot fonder towards my girls than I did initially. So I'm optimistic that our relationship will continue to improve over the next three weeks...

One of my girls from last session is here this session as well, and apparently she told the other old girls that my new ones didn't clap for me during the opening day skits because this morning I had a bunch of irate emails about it, including:

"I heard that your new hall didn't really clap that much for you at the opening ceremony. o.0 That's crazeee...they should be happy that they got you as their awesome RA!!!!! We all miss you tons and we hope to see you someday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe your new hall doesn't want to hang out with you...how is that possible??? Wow. Anyways...I miss you lots!!!!!"

"Carolineeeeee, I heard about your awful new girls ~~~~~~ we all weep for you, and we love you insanely! <333~everyone"

And another girl refered to them exclusively as "the evil replacement children" in her email. Things are getting better with the new ones, but I still miss the old ones like crazy!

On the subject of awesomeness from last session, the video of my interpretive dance at the talent show is finally available! Before viewing it be sure to brace yourself for its sheer ridiculousness, and only watch it if you promise it won't affect our friendship. Okay, go! While you're there, you might want to also check out my brother hall's talent show performance and a clearer version of the neuroscience rap from the last day.

CIMRs: 1
Thought: I'm the new Martha Graham.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YouTube?! Drat! I won't be able to get to that from behind the company firewall...

I guess it'll have to wait. Those movies better be available somewhere when I get back!

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved the spontaneous heart

7:54 AM  
Blogger Caroline said...

I can post it in my public if you really want it...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Don Wiggins said...

You WILL believe a nerd can dance!

Um...okay....no, you really won't...

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

^^^^^^^^^^^^
SPAAAAAM

Also, yes. I want it. Could you?

8:22 PM  
Blogger Caroline said...

Okay, here it is:
http://web.mit.edu/rubinc/www/wholenewworld.MPG

9:32 PM  
Blogger Don Wiggins said...

Ye Gods! Spam on so many of your posts. UGH! This is why I have my blog set so that I have to approve comments. Not that I actually GET any comments, mind you...

10:39 PM  
Blogger Don Wiggins said...

Oh - I see you now have it set to approve yourself. You're so smart, m'dear!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home