Nerd Camp

Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Last Regular Day of Session

Exciting news! There is a video of me and my brother RA's interpretive dance from the talent show! One of the kids taped it on his camera; he doesn't have the right cable here but he promised that he'd email it to us as soon as he gets home. I saw it tonight for the first time and it's definitely more embarassing than I remembered, but I think I need to post it for the good of humanity.

On a less awesome note, this morning two of my girls were too sick to get out of bed. One had a fever of 101.5, the other was really congested and said it hurt every time she moved. They've been in and out of the health office all day and for now they're back on the hall, but they're still pretty pitiful looking. I feel really bad for them, the end of session is probably the worst time to get sick here. Hopefully a good night's sleep will help them get through the last full day tomorrow...

Today was the last activity period of the session (they use activity time tomorrow to pack), and the last activity I ran was "Ridiculous Dancing." Since a bunch of kids were really into my talent show dance I figured they would enjoy the opportunity to work on their own moves, and about 20 kids signed up so I guess I was right. We ended up running around to other activities and doing silly dances for them, which sounds stupid but if you're thirteen or sleep-deprived nineteen it's really fun!

Speaking of ridiculous, right before lights out some of my girls were complaining about the food here, and I joked that they shouldn't complain at all because I still have to eat it for three more weeks after they leave. Completely serious, one of them looked at me and said "Gosh, I'd hate to see what your bowels look like at the end of this summer!"

Tonight we got the list of kids living on our hall for next session, and it was really sad. I like the girls I have so much and have such a good relationship with them, I don't know how I'm going to do this all over again with eleven new girls...

CIMRs: 3!
Thought: I don't think I'd want to see my bowels ever, regardless of what I've been eating.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're young. Your bowels will be fine. I just don't want to be within a city block when you purge them.

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home