Nerd Camp

Friday, July 14, 2006

Call this session myelin...

...'cuz it's a wrap! This morning we had the closing ceremony for session 1, the highlight of which was a neuroscience rap performed by some of the kids from my girls' class. Afterwards I got to meet a lot of their parents, which was pretty fun because they all had some variation of "my daughter loves you!" to say. The actual move out was pretty depressing, I got lots of teary hugs and really sweet goodbye letters that would have made even the most hardened RA lose it.

After all the kids were gone we were allowed to read the evaluations they filled out about us. I was pretty nervous to see what my girls wrote about me, but I didn't get a single negative comment! Some of my favorites were "Everyone in the hall loves Caroline and she is truly the best RA here," "Caroline is the best RA I've ever had," and, of course, "Caroline is perfect!" There was also a scantron section to rate your RA from "poor" to "excellent" for a big list of characteristics, and one of my girls made a new column of bubbles past "excellent" and filled them in instead! There's nothing like being unconditionally worshipped to make you feel better about losing eleven of the sweetest girls ever...

Without the kids here there's not much exciting to talk about, so here are some random pictures instead. I know it's sort of silly, but I already miss them. The hall is so quiet and empty now, and I don't know what to do with myself. I don't even want to think about my next group of girls yet since they can't possible be as awesome as the ones who just left...

CIMRs: 0
Thought: I have just over 24 hours of freedom with the other RAs, I don't know what we'll do but I'm sure it will be awesome!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job kiddo, but I was hoping you'd post after the grown-up party. Oh, well, I guess I'll hve to get you under a bare bulb later

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwww, CTY goodbyes were always so sad!

I always promised myself when I was there that i'd go back to CTY and be an RA someday - so glad your doing it! And that you're, like, Captain Awesome RA of the program :)

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home