Nerd Camp

Monday, July 10, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Today was pretty mellow, especially compared to yesterday. For the afternoon activity the kids could pick between watching the World Cup Finals or a movie, so there wasn't much work for the RAs to do. I got put on scheduled presence in a hallway that no one was in, so I just lied down on the floor and took a glorious two-hour nap. I think working here is starting to really lower my standards...

The most exciting part of today was the return of Unicorn Girl from a few days ago. Apparently the idea really caught on with her hall, so they made unicorn horns for all the RAs to wear. I felt like a princess.

After the kids went to study hall the RAs ordered Chinese food and played Apples to Apples. Today was very exciting because, in honor of being a third of the way through with the summer, we broke out the first of two expansion packs I have. We had a ceremonial removal of the shrink wrap and then shuffled the new cards in with the old ones in order to make the excitement last as long as possible. We haven't seen all the new cards yet, but we have two weeks to get acquainted with them before the second pack gets opened. I can't wait!

Lastly, one of the RAs gave me a bunch of the pictures he's taken over the past two weeks. So now you can see how cool we looked in our ponchos on move-in day, the office I spend a lot of my time in, one of my really cute girls (I have no idea what my brother RA is doing), and some of the people I hang out with.

CIMRs: 1
Thought: This time next week I'll have new girls, ack!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home