Nerd Camp

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

The Fourth of Nevermore

Today was a rather disappointing Fourth of July. No cookout, no fireworks, no flag burnings, no nothing! Aside from the handful of kids who dressed all in black to celebrate the "Fourth of Nevermore" and the twenty minutes I spent trying to explain the holiday to my girl from Korea, today was no more remarkable than any other. However, there were some non-patriotic events worth noting, including but not limited to:

1. Having a squirrel come stand in front of me and stare at me for at least three minutes (no lie!) during my breakfast scheduled presence. It was actually kind of freaky.

2. Going to the grocery store to buy laundry detergent, but instead buying laundry detergent and a popsicle! Woo!

3. Visiting class and spending half an hour talking about what makes mad cows so mad.

4. Having my friend from scheduled presence spend at least fifteen minutes trying to convince me to date his RA (a different one than the one my girls are rooting for) because somehow this would help his chances with the girl on my hall he likes.

5. Having my girls decide to sing "A Whole New World" for the talent show and hearing my Korean girl practicing in the shower with her adorable accent. The downside is that they want me and my brother RA to act out the roles of Jasmine and Aladdin...

6. Playing "The Farmer in the Dell" with the other RAs on night duty

7. Using lots of past progessives.

CIMRs: 1. I think I'm just getting lazy.
Thought: I really don't want to wear a Jasmine costume in public.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home