Nerd Camp

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Shenanigans

Top ten reasons kids give for not wearing their lanyards:

10. I don't want to
9. It doesn't go with my outfit
8. My RA said I don't have to (this is complete BS, all the RAs are very strict on the lanyard policy)
7. This one time last year at a different camp they didn't make me wear it
6. "Wearing it" in my pocket should count
5. Ummm...I'm not actually with this program (spoken while surrounded by kids in CTY lanyards)
4. It gives me a rash
3. It could damage my trachea
2. It slows me down
1. It oppresses my individuality

The highlight of my day was a memo we got from the site director saying we shouldn't let kids throw balls around as they walk places, because it contained the following sentences:

"I have seen the throwing and catching skills of this group and to be perfectly honest, I am not impressed. Some have skills while others...don't."

Also, during tonight's hall meeting, I found out I am known to all the kids as "the hyper RA." Sweet.

CIMRs today: 2
Thought of the day: I hope no one finds out I ate a peanut butter cookie in my room.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Confucious says "If you want to keep a secret, don't post it on your blog. You never know who is reading it. Also, meditation and deep breathing will calm the spirit and soothe the mind, thus a hyper RA becomes a serene RA."

Prince Mishkin

8:21 AM  
Blogger Don Wiggins said...

"the Hyper RA" - how fitting!

As for the lanyards, now you get just a little taste of what it was like policing those blasted IDs at TJ all those years...

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home